Tue, 30 May|
Building Blocks Day Centre
Ceramic Plant Pot Workshop 2pm-5pm 30/05/23
Join us for an incredible children's ceramic plant pot workshop.
Time & Location
30 May, 14:00 – 17:00
Building Blocks Day Centre , 20 Victoria Rd, Washington NE37 2SS, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from Washington Sunderland Community we are delighted to bring you this fun and educational programme of activities for children in Washington.
Inspire your child’s creativity this half term, by securing their place on one of our fun-filled and engaging ceramic workshops. Children will have the opportunity to explore their artistic flair by taking part in one of our free arts and crafts workshops, where they can make their very own incredible ceramic plant pots, in a design of their choice. Children will be able to collect their ceramic creations once they have been fired in our kilns, where they can be proudly displayed and used at home.
Children will also be provided with a healthy and nutritious snack and drinks throughout the workshops, as well as learning about the importance and benefits of healthy eating.
These fun and engaging activities will take place throughout Washington, ensuring children will have the opportunity to engage with the arts and enabling them to explore their creative talents.
We will be running workshops in five Washington venues and they are as follows –
Washington North – Building Blocks Day Centre
Washington East – Harraton & District Community Association
Washington South - Oxclose Church
Washington West – Bowes Railway
Washington Central – Columbia Community Association
- To qualify you must live in Washington.
- You can book a maximum of one workshop per child.
- Children must be aged between 8-11 years old.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for each child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need access to the child's medical supplies (inhaler, epi pens etc) if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions/requirements your child has so we can ensure maximum safety of the child.
- Media release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.
Ceramic Plant Pot Workshop