Wed, 31 Aug|
The Old Rectory
Children's Ceramic Feelings Monster Head Workshop
Join us for a wonderful children's ceramic monster head workshop, with free lunch included.
Time & Location
31 Aug 2022, 09:00 – 12:45
The Old Rectory , The Broadway, Houghton le Spring DH4 4BB, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from Sunderland City Council's Coalfield Area Neighbour Fund, we are delighted to bring you a series of wonderful events as part of the Holiday Activities for Children and Young People Programme.
Join us for a wonderful ceramics session that will encourage children to talk about their feelings in preparation for returning back to school and get them ready for the new school year. With support from our tutors, children will read about and discuss the characters from ‘The Colour Monster’ written by Anna Llenas, which examines the different feelings of the characters within the book. Following on from this, children will create their own ceramic ‘feelings’ monster cress head. The tutor will provide children with cress seeds that can be planted into their ceramic creations to grow at home and the children will also leave with information on how to grow and eat the cress at home.
The session will run from 9am - 11:45am. We will then have a 1hour lunch break from 11:45am - 12:45pm where children will be provided with a healthy lunch, including fruit bags and healthy drinks.
For each session we will have two tutors who are Enhanced DBS checked, First Aid trained and have Food Hygiene Certificates.
You must purchase a ticket for each child you intend to bring to the session.
Important information for parents, guardians and carers -
- To qualify for these classes you must live in the Coalfields area.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for your child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need to have access to your child's medical supplies i.e. inhaler, epi pens if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions your child has so we can ensure maximum safety for your child.
- Media Release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.
Ceramic Monster Head Workshop£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out