Wed, 17 Aug|
The Old Rectory
Children's Ceramic Wind Chime Workshop
Join us for a wonderful children's ceramic wind chime workshop with free lunch included.
Time & Location
17 Aug 2022, 14:00 – 16:45
The Old Rectory , The Broadway, Houghton le Spring DH4 4BB, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from the Arnold Clark Community Fund, we are delighted to bring you this programme of summer activities for children in the Coalfields area.
Working with our in-house tutor, you will explore the wonderful world of ceramics, combined with the great outdoors, as your windchimes will be made from outdoor items that can be collected when you are outside and taking in the wonders of nature. To help children be inspired to make their own items, a section of this event will take place outdoors on the grounds of The Old Rectory. These sessions will also be packed with functional skills to help improve children's skills in maths, English and IT. To do this, we will work with children to count, weigh, measure, write about and describe the materials used to make their own wind chimes.
The session will run from 2pm - 4:45pm and we will provide each child with a healthy snack and drink during the session.
For each session we will have two tutors who are Enhanced DBS checked, First Aid trained and have Food Hygiene Certificates.
You must purchase a ticket for each child you intend to bring to the session.
Important information for parents, guardians and carers -
- To qualify for these classes you must live in the Coalfields area.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for your child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need to have access to your child's medical supplies i.e. inhaler, epi pens if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions your child has so we can ensure maximum safety for your child.
- Media Release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.
Children's Ceramic Wind Chimes