Mon, 07 Aug|
The Old Rectory
Children's Ceramics Workshop (8-11yrs) 7/8/23 9:30am-12:30pm
Join us for a fun-filled ceramic money box, fairy door and plant pot workshop at The Old Rectory in Houghton-le-Spring.
Time & Location
07 Aug, 09:30 – 12:30
The Old Rectory , The Broadway, Houghton le Spring DH4 4BB, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from Sunderland City Council’s SIB Board we are delighted to bring you this fun and educational programme of activities for children in the Coalfields.
Inspire your child’s creativity this half term, by securing their place on our fun-filled and engaging arts and crafts workshops. Children will have the opportunity to explore their artistic flair by taking part in our free ceramic workshops, where children can make their very own money boxes, fairy doors or plant pots. Once the session has finished, we will fire the items in our kilns, return them to The Old Rectory and inform you so your child will be able to take their items home with them.
Children will also be provided with a healthy and nutritious snack and drinks throughout the workshops, as well as learning about the importance and benefits of healthy eating.
Workshops will take place at The Old Rectory in Houghton le Spring.
- To qualify you must live in the Coalfields.
- You can book a maximum of one workshop per child.
- Children must be aged between 8-11 years old.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for each child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need access to the child's medical supplies (inhaler, epi pens etc) if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions/requirements your child has so we can ensure maximum safety of the child.
- Media release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.