Tue, 30 Aug|
Springwell Village Community Venue
Free Ceramic Fairy Door Workshop - Washington West
Join us for a free children's ceramics fairy door workshop for Washington children with free lunch included.
Time & Location
30 Aug 2022, 13:30 – 16:30
Springwell Village Community Venue, Fell Rd, Springwell, Gateshead NE9 7RP, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from Sunderland City Council's Washington Area Neighbourhood Fund, we are delighted to bring you a series of wonderful events as part of the Holiday Activities for Children and Young People Programme.
During this ceramics session, with support from our ceramic tutor you will learn different ceramic techniques and processes to create your ceramic piece, with children being inspired by magical Fairy, Monster and Elf gardens. Once your session has finished we will fire your pieces in our specialist kilns and inform you when they are ready for collection.These sessions will also be packed with functional skills to help improve children's skills in maths, English and IT. To do this, we will work with children to count, weigh, measure, write about and describe the clay they are working with to make their very own ceramic fairy door.
The session will run from 1:30pm - 4:30pm which includes a healthy lunch and snack for each child.
For each session we will have two tutors who are Enhanced DBS checked, First Aid trained and have Food Hygiene Certificates.
You must purchase a ticket for each child you intend to bring to the session.
Important information for parents, guardians and carers -
- To qualify for these classes you must live in Washington West.
- Children must be aged between 8-11 years old.
- You can book a maximum of two workshops per child.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for your child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need to have access to your child's medical supplies i.e. inhaler, epi pens if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions your child has so we can ensure maximum safety for your child.
- Media Release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.
Children's Ceramic Fairy Door