Time & Location
23 Aug 2021, 10:00 – 12:00
MBC Arts Wellbeing, 31 Norfolk St, Sunniside, Sunderland SR1 1EE, UK
About the Event
Thanks to funding from The National Lottery’s Reaching Communities fund, we are excited to share with you our creative programme of summer taster workshops, which will be running throughout August.
Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of arts and crafts by taking part in our creative and fun workshops. You will get hands on experience and support from our expert tutors who are on hand to provide you with all of the tools and knowledge you need to complete one of the taster workshops.
Here at MBC Arts Wellbeing, ceramics workshops are some of our most popular workshops to do. During the taster session you will learn all about the fantastic world of ceramics, including the best way to create your item using multiple techniques, the different methods to drying ceramics items and how to paint your ceramic creation.
Here’s some important information before you enrol –
- Workshops will take place at MBC HQ on 31 Norfolk Street, Sunniside, Sunderland, SR1 1EE.
- This course is available to anyone who lives in Sunderland, which includes towns such as Houghton-le-Spring and Washington.
- There are no restrictions on your age or employment status for completing one of our workshops, however these courses are only suitable for people aged 16 years old or over.
- The workshops are one off sessions.
- Our ceramics taster workshops will commence on Monday 23rd August 2021 with the first workshop running from 10am – 12pm and the second workshop taking place between 2pm - 4pm.
- Our second instalment of ceramic taster workshops will begin on Tuesday 24th August 2021 with the first session running from 10am – 12pm and the second workshop starting at 2pm and finishing at 4pm.
- There will be a maximum of 8 or 9 people per workshop, depending on the workshop.
- Unfortunately, due to essential building work being carried out to the building, we are currently unable to offer disabled access to the building. We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Following the easing of government restrictions surrounding coronavirus, we will be continuing to operate in a safe environment to make learning safe and enjoyable for everyone who attends one of the workshops. We will continue to –
- Maintain a one metre distance between learners.
- Wear face masks/coverings when stood up or using communal areas.
- Ensure all work surfaces and equipment is cleaned before and after use.
- Provide antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer throughout the building.
Free Ceramics Taster Class£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out