Wed, 03 Aug|
The Old Rectory
Free Fruit Monster Workshop for Children
Join us for a free free fruit monster creative workshop for children, with a free healthy lunch included.
Time & Location
03 Aug 2022, 09:00 – 12:45
The Old Rectory , The Broadway, Houghton le Spring DH4 4BB, UK
About the Event
With special thanks to funding from Sunderland City Council's Coalfield Area Neighbour Fund, we are delighted to bring you a series of wonderful events as part of the Holiday Activities for Children and Young People Programme.
Throughout this session children will be inspired to blend their creative and artistic talents with the wonderful benefits of fruit and vegetables. Working with our expert tutors, children will visit the local greengrocers to buy seasonal fruits, whilst learning about a wide range of fruits and vegetables and learn about how they are important to eat, ensuring we can all become healthier. During this activity, children will also be informed of how it is good to support local businesses and build strong community support systems, ensuring everyone around them can live happy and healthy lives.
Once children and tutors have returned from the local greengrocers, they will be able to have fun and begin to make their fruit monsters into scary, fun and frightening creations. These sessions will also be packed with functional skills to help improve children's skills in maths, English and IT. To do this, we will work with children to count, weigh, measure, write about and describe the fruits we are working with to create their very own monsters.
The session will run from 9am - 11:45am. We will then have a 1 hour lunch break from 11:45am - 12:45pm where children will be provided with a healthy lunch, including fruit bags and healthy drinks.
For each session we will have two tutors who are Enhanced DBS checked, First Aid trained and have Food Hygiene Certificates.
You must purchase a ticket for each child you intend to bring to the session.
Important information for parents, guardians and carers -
- To qualify for these classes you must live in the Coalfields area.
- You do not need to stay during this activity. We encourage you to take this opportunity to spend time doing something that will benefit you.
- We will need two sets of emergency contact details for your child.
- You must inform us of any allergies including food allergies that your child has.
- We will need to have access to your child's medical supplies i.e. inhaler, epi pens if your child uses one.
- You must inform us of any medical conditions your child has so we can ensure maximum safety for your child.
- Media Release forms must be signed when the child arrives to the session. Please inform a tutor if you do not wish for your child to be included in any photos for this project.
Children's Fruit Monster Class