Free Glass Taster Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Thanks to funding from The National Lottery’s Reaching Communities fund, we are excited to share with you our creative programme of summer taster workshops, which will be running throughout August.
Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of arts and crafts by taking part in our creative and fun workshops. You will get hands on experience and support from our expert tutors who are on hand to provide you with all of the tools and knowledge you need to complete one of the taster workshops.
Exploring the wonderful world of glass is an exciting and fun opportunity for everyone and our glass taster workshop will provide you with just that. During the glass workshop you will create your very own glass coaster and learn all about the techniques of using frits and glass paints for your design. Once your glass piece has been fired in our glass kilns, it will be ready for collection.
Here’s some important information before you enrol –
- Workshops will take place at MBC HQ on 31 Norfolk Street, Sunniside, Sunderland, SR1 1EE.
- This course is available to anyone who lives in Sunderland, which includes towns such as Houghton-le-Spring and Washington.
- There are no restrictions on your age or employment status for completing one of our workshops, however these courses are only suitable for people aged 16 years old or over.
- The workshops are one off sessions.
- We will be running two glass taster workshops, where you will make a glass coaster. The first workshop will run from 10am – 12pm on Wednesday 18th August 2021 and the second will take place from 2pm – 4pm on Wednesday 18th August 2021.
- There will be a maximum of 8 or 9 people per workshop, depending on the workshop.
- Unfortunately, due to essential building work being carried out to the building, we are currently unable to offer disabled access to the building. We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Following the easing of government restrictions surrounding coronavirus, we will be continuing to operate in a safe environment to make learning safe and enjoyable for everyone who attends one of the workshops. We will continue to –
- Maintain a one metre distance between learners.
- Wear face masks/coverings when stood up or using communal areas.
- Ensure all work surfaces and equipment is cleaned before and after use.
- Provide antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer throughout the building.
- Free Glass Taster Workshop£0£0Sold Out