Updated: Aug 22
Teaching & Operational Support Assistant
Working Pattern: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term 12-month Contract
Salary: £19,000 rising to £20,500
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Operations Director
Deadline for applications: 02/09/2022
MBC Arts Wellbeing is seeking to recruit a Teaching and Operational Support Assistant to support the delivery of arts and wellbeing programmes to children, adults and families in Sunderland and surrounding areas.
About our organisation
MBC Arts Wellbeing CIC is a not-for-profit community interest company that specialises in arts and wellbeing education for children, adults and families in Sunderland and the wider area. Our organisation focuses on working with and supporting vulnerable adults and those living with mental health conditions and/or multiple complex needs. Each year we work with more than 2,500 people from within our local community to deliver courses in employability skills, specialist arts activities and courses to improve physical health, mental health and well-being. We are a small team who all play a role in ensuring jobs and tasks are completed, whether it be teaching, setting up teaching rooms, general administrative tasks or cleaning, we all do our part to ensure the people we work with receive the best experience during workshops and courses. This is a rewarding role where you will be able to support the local community, change people’s lives and progress with your own professional development. This role requires working across multiple sites so access to your own vehicle is essential. During busy periods you may be required to work occasional evenings and Saturdays.
This role is part funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. MBC Arts Wellbeing received a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund to deliver a project celebrating the culture and influence of the Roman Empire here in the North East of England. Learning from the Ancient Romans: Heritage, Conservation and Inclusion is inspired by the close links our region shares with the Roman Empire and has been designed to promote inclusion, acceptance and sustainability across our communities, as well as promoting heritage engagement.
We are looking for a Teaching and Operational Support Assistant who:
· Can take the lead and use their own initiative.
· Can take responsibility for small groups of people or the whole class for a short period of time.
· Can communicate clearly with people of all ages both verbally and in writing.
· Has experience of working with people of all ages.
· Is able to support a range of abilities including individuals with SEND.
· Can set up and dismantle learning rooms and equipment.
· Is willing to contribute towards the successful running of our organisation.
· Will abide by and follow GDPR guidelines, policies and can act confidentially.
· Is willing to travel to other learning sites as required.
· Has administrative experience.
Main duties/responsibilities include –
· General stock taking and purchasing materials
· Taking stock of deliveries
· Collecting offsite orders
· Data entry
· Preparing paperwork and files for tutors
· Supporting tutors with course preparations and delivery
· Replenishment of stationary
· Organising refreshments for meetings and courses
· Cleaning when required
· Developing confidence in the workplace
· Setting up learning rooms
· Packing and unpacking ceramic and glass kilns
· Must hold a full and valid driving licence
· Have access to their own vehicle
· Experience of working with children and adults
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal English
· Comfortable with a rota system (working mornings, afternoon, evenings and occasional Saturdays)
· Proficient use of MS Office
· Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or willing to work towards obtaining this
· Experience of supporting a varied range of abilities including people with SEND
· Understanding of Safeguarding
· 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
· Company pension scheme
· Professional development opportunities
· Team building days
· Full training provided on a continuous basis
To apply please send a copy of your cv and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: Teaching and Operational Support Assistant Application