URGENT APPEAL – JOIN US IN HELPING UKRAINIAN REFUGEES BY PROVIDING EMERGENCY SUPPLIES FOR THIS HUMANITARIAN CRISIS
Many of us have witnessed the harrowing news that innocent people are fleeing war in Ukraine and being forced to seek refuge in neighbouring countries. Here at MBC Arts Wellbeing, we are committed to helping people both at home and overseas, and with this in mind our organisation is supporting those in this time of crisis by donating more than £3000 worth of humanitarian aid to relief efforts, and we are asking for your support in helping us donate even more emergency supplies that will reach displaced Ukrainians in refugee camps across Europe.
HOW WE CAN ALL HELP
MBC Arts Wellbeing will act as a drop-off point for anyone who is able to donate any of the emergency supply items required. We are working with the Polish Community Centre in Newcastle upon Tyne who are doing amazing work in organising supplies that will be sent to the Ukraine-Poland border to provide humanitarian aid.
Important information on how you can help –
- Items can be delivered to MBC Arts Wellbeing, 31 Norfolk Street, Sunniside, Sunderland, SR1 1EE.
- Items can be delivered between 10am-12pm Monday – Friday. Please note, if you are unable to deliver items between this time, get in touch with us and we can work something out.
- The last date for drop-offs is Friday 11th March 2022.
At the request of the aid providers, the following items have been requested –
- All items to be in original packaging and unused.
- Soaps, shower gels, shampoos, hair conditioners and hairbrushes.
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste for adults and children.
- Antiperspirants and deodorants, mainly for women but also for men.
- Face creams, tonics and hand creams.
- Sanitary products including tampons and pads.
- Larger sanitary pads for women using puerperium and nursing pads.
- Wet wipes, nappies of all sizes, tissues and cotton pads.
- First aid kits.
- Bandages, gauze and swabs, tourniquets, plasters and disposable goods.
- Anti-pain, anti-fever and anti-inflammatory drugs for children and adults.
- Vitamins for children.
- Medicines and remedies for sore throats, stomach problems and nasal problems.
- Baby food sachets, including pouches, baby formula.
- Pet food.
We are extremely proud of the work we do in Sunderland by working with and providing support to more than 2500 people each year. We will continue to do that and right now we feel it is our moral duty to help our Ukrainian friends who need help; there are great needs for people in our city at home, but there are people all over the world who need help too - we can and we will support both, and we hope you will join us in choosing to do the same. Please donate what you can to our drop off service.
In addition to the funds MBC Arts Wellbeing has given to the appeal, local businesses including Lofthouse & Partners Sunderland, Milligan’s Bakery and Clearwater Developments have all made cash contributions. If you are a business or an individual wanting to get involved by making a cash donation to our campaign, please get in touch with us and we will provide you with our bank details, with every penny raised being spent on relief efforts. As a non-profit we have access to online charity wholesalers so can make your cash contribution go three times further, for example if you donate £20 in cash we can buy £60 worth of essential items.
Everyone at MBC Arts Wellbeing hopes for peace. There are no winners in war. Thank you.
Photo (Left) - Mark Burns Cassell, executive director, MBC Arts Wellbeing and Simon Cyhanko (Right), member of the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain.